Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 00:00 to Friday, June 26, 2015 - 00:00
The Winston Preparatory School
126 W 17th St10011 New York, NY
The National School Climate Center’s (NSCC) 18th annual Summer Institute is designed to support individuals and school teams in two ways:
- Understanding the essential guidelines and related tools that support an effective school climate improvement/bully prevention effort; and,
- Developing an action plan that can guide improvement efforts in your school, district, network and/or State.
Specifically, Institute members will:
- Understand what school climate reform is and the current state of research.
- Consider and plan for challenges to school climate improvement efforts.
- Learn about current school climate research findings.
- Learn about district level school climate policy that supports effective bully and dropout prevention efforts.
- Create an optimal climate for learning and teaching for all students.
- Learn about measurement tools that (i) promote engagement, and (ii) support a prosocial, data driven process of continuous learning and improvement. This will include the use of Comprehensive surveys, Readiness, Process and Community assessments.
- To learn about the tasks/challenges that shape an effective process of, evaluation action planning, implementing and beginning anew.
- Conduct a Readiness Assessment.
- Action planning: Supporting effective planning and preparation for the next phase of your schools’ improvement efforts.
- Further Educational Leadership development.