The google hangout will mark the release a new set of interactive, zoomable, clickable discipline maps – to be posted to ED’s new www.ed.gov/rethinkdiscipline site -- to help educators and communities to better understand the prevalence of out-of-school suspensions in their community.
The google hangout and new maps are part of ED’s new public awareness campaign -- #RethinkDiscipline. This campaign is intended to:
- Highlight national data on discipline, particularly suspensions, expulsions, and other practices that remove students from instruction;
- Clarify the impact of suspension on student outcomes and school communities; and
- Share how schools and districts are working to implement effective alternatives to suspension by addressing student social, emotional, and behavioral needs.
ED will be using the tweets below to get out the word about tomorrow’s discussion.
- How to implement alternatives to suspension? Send in your questions! Tune in July 30that 3pm EDT #RethinkDiscipline https://plus.google.com/events/c28u8qg55s5c3g2qfjbqfpr0s54
- Tune in July 30th @3pm EDT for a @Google Hangout to hear experts discuss alternatives to suspension #RethinkDiscipline https://plus.google.com/events/c28u8qg55s5c3g2qfjbqfpr0s54
- #RethinkDiscipline starts with dialogue. Join us for a @Google Hangout on July 30th at 3pm EDT → https://plus.google.com/events/c28u8qg55s5c3g2qfjbqfpr0s54
- Talk discipline to #RethinkDiscipline. Join usfor a @Google Hangout on July 30th at 3pm EDT → https://plus.google.com/events/c28u8qg55s5c3g2qfjbqfpr0s54